- BHSPA – Principal’s Roundtable
Typically held in the BHS main office conference room. Topics for each Roundtable are announced via the BHSPA eNews in advance of the event and usually center on current issues. In addition to the Principal and BHSPA representatives in attendance, there may be guest speakers from the school and community.
To date, we have held some wonderful Roundtables:
- September (AM): meet and greet new Principal Mrs. Galante
- October (PM): College Planning with Guidance Dir. Manjula Karamcheti
- December (PM): Two info sessions about the new tardy-attendance policy, held by Mrs. Galante and Assistant Principals Kate Boynton and Christine Lennox.
- February (AM and PM): Info sessions about the Signs of Suicide (SOS) program at BHS
- March (AM) - held at John Glenn Middle School, the BHS Principal explains 8th grade transition to our high school
Standing meetings on the first Monday of each month during the school year, except for January when the meeting is the second Monday of that month. The one-hour long meeting starts at 8 am in the BHS Principal's Conference Room and is OPEN TO ALL BHS PARENTS/GUARDIANS. BHSPA officers meet with the Principal to plan and address parent concerns, and afterwards, the officers have their own meeting to vote, if needed, followup on issues raised, and plan events, strategize, and vote, as needed. Join us! If you have a concern you wish addressed, please contact any of the BHSPA Officers who will insure that your voice is heard. BHSPA agenda and minutes are available at any time.
In early January, the Guidance Department organizes a forum targeted at Juniors, Seniors and their families, but all others are welcome, too.
In May, the National Honor Society organizes a panel of diverse students to present their recent experiences in applying for and selecting their higher education choices. Our organizers try to mix it up with examples from different types of choices: military academies, Ivy League, community college, state schools, and others. The variety depends, of course, on who is available.